Join Accenture and the Hyperledger community for the Blockchain4Good Hackathon in Dublin, Ireland. We’re seeking the best and the brightest to join us in Dublin for two-days, Sept 30- Oct 1, to work on ideas in the areas of Supply Chain and Digital Identity. The goal of the Hackathon is to enable developers to transform their blockchain ideas into reality and accelerate creative uses of blockchain technology to positively impact the way we work and live.
Why Blockchain for Good?
The blockchain community is joining together to tackle many challenges to improve the way we work and live. Two of the biggest are sustainability and identity. Blockchain opens up new opportunities to positively impact the environment, ethical trade, fair work practices and human rights.
Consider this: More than 1.1 billion people have no officially recognized proof of identity. As a result, these individuals are excluded from basic social services such as education, healthcare, voting—even qualifying for a bank account and securing housing. They are often forced to live on the margins of society—vulnerable to violence and exploitation, including human traﬃcking. The unique attributes of this technology can empower individuals to establish and control their digital identity.
This ability to provide a unique identity can apply to things, too—establishing provenance and trackability throughout the supply chain to assure things like timber, fish, coffee and palm oil have been ethically sourced and followed sustainability protocols.
Day One – Saturday, September 30
- 8:00-9:00 – Reception, Breakfast and Networking
- 9:00-10:30 – Welcome from Accenture and Hyperledger, Challenge Presentation and Dev Team Building
- 10:30 – Coding Begins
- 12:00-1:00 – Lunch
- 1:00-6:00 – More Coding
- 6:00-7:00 – Dinner
- 8:00 – Day One Adjourns
Day Two – Sunday, October 1
- 8:00-9:00 – Breakfast
- 9:00 – Coding Resumes
- 10:00-1:00 – Presentation Rehearsals
- 12:00-1:00 – Lunch
- 3:00 – Solutions Due to Judges
- 4:00-5:30 – Team Presentations
- 5:30-6:00 – Dinner
- 6:00-7:00 – Winners Announced
- 7:00 – Hackathon Adjourns
We're looking for top blockchain developer talent to join us for a weekend of hacking and exploring identity and sustainable supply chain challenges and opportunities in Dublin at The Dock. The Blockchain For Good hackathon is brought to you by Accenture and Hyperledger.
Apply to join us Accenture The Dock, and earn the chance to walk away with major prizes, new contacts, and the respect and admiration of our awesome sponsors, judges and mentors — who you will inevitably wow with your projects!
We believe technology should be built by people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We welcome students and pros from all experience levels, people of color, women, men and gender nonconforming individuals and others who identify with underrepresented groups. We'd love to have a diverse, comfortable and creative environment for everyone!
We will approve developers on a rolling basis.
All code and IP presented at the hackathon will be owned by its creators.
Also please review the following:
- Hyperledger Code of Conduct: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/community/hyperledger-project-code-of-conduct
- Accenture Code of Business Ethics: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/company-ethics-code
The Blockchain for Good Challenge
Accenture, Bank of Ireland and the Hyperledger Project are joining forces to sponsor the Blockchain for Good Hackathon to ask developers and IT professionals to come together to collaborate and form into teams around Sustainable Supply Chain and Digital Identity to create Blockchain applications. The Hackathon will be held in the creative atmosphere of The Dock, Accenture’s multidisciplinary research and incubation hub located in the heart of Dublin’s tech quarter.
Blockchain applications allow developers to rethink how to interact with each other, how to create trust among separate parties and how to expedite out dated ways of doing business. Help change the world by developing solutions to these common problems.
The Sustainable Supply Chain Problem:
- Product integrity
- Transparency of data so all parties can see the chain of trade for goods
- Reduction of human errors, faster response time to delivery challenges
- Authentication of goods and services that make up a sustainable product
- Detection of unethical suppliers and counterfeiters
The Digital Identity Problem:
- Access to birth records, passports and license information
- Ability to cost-effectively and seamlessly share data across borders and jurisdictions
- Secure access to payments, credit, government records, health records, or academic qualifications
- Enabling Self-sovereignty by allowing individuals to control who can access their identity data via blockchain permissions
$8,500 in prizes
Grand Prize at 8,500 EUR cash prize plus a trip to the Accenture Blockchain Center of Excellence in France, for the winning team (4 people) for 2 days. The visit to the Accenture Blockchain Center of Excellence includes prototyping and tour of the facility.
A visit to the Liquid Studio at the Accenture Dock in Dublin
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
To take part in the Hackathon, all you need to do is bring your laptop, your coding skills and your desire to change the world. Register to participate now. Space is limited to just 120 attendees. Join us for an empowering weekend in Dublin Sept. 30- Oct. 1, 2017.
Executive Director, Hyperledger
Senior Managing Director, Blockchain. Accenture
Managing Director, Blockchain Lead, Accenture